Performs intermediate technical work involving the preparation and/or maintenance of fiscal or related records. Displays a general understanding of processing invoices and disbursing payments in an electronic accounts payable software system. Prepares and assists with the maintenance of financial records; entering, verifying and checking data. Performs receiving functions. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Accounting Supervisor.
1. Accurately prepares invoices for on-time payment.
2. Efficiently processes accounts payable, accurately prepares and maintains computerized records.
3. Posts, checks, balances and adjusts routine financial accounts.
4. Utilizes accounting software for accurately posting data and accessing other financial information.
5. Accurately prepares journal entries only on the basis of adequate supporting documentation.
6. Accurately prepares various financial reports and schedules.
7. Accurately prepares checks to vendors for products/services received.
8. Maintains vendor files and financial history files.
9. Acts as backup to purchasing/receiving
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school including experience in bookkeeping and/or accounts payable. General knowledge of accounts payable, purchasing and receiving functions, and routine accounting policies, procedures and practices. General knowledge of bookkeeping terminology and methods; general knowledge of office procedures, practices and equipment; and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, vendors, and other outside contacts. Experience with integrated automated accounting software packages, such as Great Plains Dynamics preferred. Experience with preparing EFT and direct deposit payments.
Minimum starting salary $29,878 annually; salary commensurate with experience
NRVCS offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• VRS Retirement