Performs intermediate technical work involving the preparation and/or maintenance of fiscal or related records. Displays a general understanding of processing invoices and disbursing payments in an electronic accounts payable software system. Prepares and assists with the maintenance of financial records; entering, verifying and checking data. Performs receiving functions.
1. Accurately prepares invoices for on-time payment.
2. Efficiently processes accounts payable, accurately prepares and maintains computerized records.
3. Posts, checks, balances and adjusts routine financial accounts.
4. Utilizes accounting software for accurately posting data and accessing other financial information.
5. Accurately prepares journal entries only on the basis of adequate supporting documentation.
6. Accurately prepares various financial reports and schedules.
7. Accurately prepares checks to vendors for products/services received.
8. Maintains vendor files and financial history files.
9. Acts as backup to purchasing/receiving
Minimum Associates degree in business/accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Minimum 3 years hands on experience performing accounting/bookkeeping tasks with general knowledge of purchasing and receiving functions. Experience with integrated automated accounting software packages. Experience with preparing EFT and direct deposit payments.
NRVCS offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• VRS Retirement